John Kelly, United States Homeland Security Secretary, said on Thursday that the military won’t be used to enforce immigration policy and promised that there will be “no mass deportations.”
Well, we don’t think Donald Trump is going to like that response too much.
According to the Homeland Security Secretary, all deportations that take place will honor the both the legal system and human rights.
‘There will be no use of military forces in immigration. There will be no — repeat, no — mass deportations.’
Kelly’s statement was issued just a few hours after Donald Trump made his own statements. However, they are much different.
In fact, just last Thursday, President Trump stated that the U.S. is “getting really bad dudes out of this country at a rate nobody has ever seen before.”
‘It’s a military operation. Because what has been allowed to come into our country, when you see gang violence that you’ve read about like never before and all of the things, much of that is people who are here illegally. And they’re rough and they’re tough, but they’re not tough like our people. So we’re getting them out.’
Ever since the campaign trail, Trump has taken aim at Mexico and Mexican immigrants and his executive order was only the beginning of keeping his campaign promises, to try and secure the southern U.S. border while deporting mass groups of people. Furthermore, Trump has even considered using the National Guard to carry out mass deportations.
Earlier in the week, the U.S. Homeland Security Secretary along with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson had a meeting with their Mexican counterparts.
Rex Tillerson said:
‘In a relationship filled with vibrant colors, two strong sovereign countries from time to time will have differences. We listened closely and carefully to each other as we respectfully and patiently raised our respective concerns.’
Do you believe any of these guys at this point?